A music visualizer application is a program that displays animated images based on the beats, loudness, rhythm, and frequency spectrum. These apps display different animations for different images and even offer templates that can be used to get a specific type of animation. Music Visualizers use an algorithm based on mathematical formulae and convert the audio into numbers that get highlighted in the form of lines, circles, and other visualizations. This guide lists the 10 best music visualizers for Windows and Mac.
BEST Music Visualizer Software For Mac and Windows
1) Renderforest Music Visualizer
The first one on the list of music visualizers for Windows is Renderforest which allows users to record an audio clip with visualizations with ease. It is a web-based application and can be used on different browsers. It is used by YouTubers for creating intros and outros of professional quality. There are many visualization templates to choose from.
- The output is sent to the users via email.
- Create animations and presentations.
- Video editing can be done.
- The video files can be uploaded from the user database.
Price: Free with limited options. Paid plans available according to individual needs.
The second app on the list of music visualizer software is a web-based application that allows users to create videos with their audio and visualizations. The waveforms created can be easily customized and exported on social media websites from within the app. It allows users to upload custom backgrounds and renders the final output in 1080p HD.
- User-Friendly interface.
- Live Preview available.
- Supports Waveform styles and shapes.
Price: Free Version for 7 days with $15 per month and $30 per month plans.
3) After Effects – The Audio Spectrum Effect
Speaking of music visualizers for windows, we have an amazing application by software giants, Adobe, known as After Effects. This Audio Spectrum allows users to add various effects to their music files and import their creations to be added as graphics.
- RAW file format from cameras are supported.
- Copy and Paste media files to another location.
- Collaborate with friends on a single project.
Price: Free Trial with plans starting from $20.99 per month.
4) Videobolt Music Visualizer
Videobolt Music Visualizer is a music visualizer software that promotes audio files by creating visual effects based on the sound and beats of the audio file. It allows users to upload audio files from their computer and cloud storage as well. It is used by podcasters to provide appropriate visuals to your podcasts.
- Helps users to create audiobooks.
- Offers a wide range of templates to choose from.
- Customizes visuals for different sound types.
Price: Free limited version and other paid plans from $5.99, $16.99, and $24.99 monthly.
5) Magic Music Visuals
One of the advanced audio visualizers for Windows is Magic Music Visuals which allows users to create their imaginations without any hindrances. The app is 100% fully customizable and provides support for MIDI and Live audio. The program creates various patterns that change their spinning motion based on the volume and frequency of sound.
- Displays rotating images and 3D models that move based on beats.
- Easy to use with a simple interface.
- Allows users to add cover art.
- Supports real-time manipulation using live cameras.
Price: Free trial version with almost full functionality and paid version at $44.95 for one PC.
Moving forward on the list of music visualizer software, we have Veed which is an efficient way to convert your music into videos with waveform. The entire process is carried out online and the final output is saved in an MP4 format. It was designed to promote music on social media by making it look and sound more interesting with effects of waveforms, audio spectrums, and audiograms.
- Select your animated audiograms and waveforms.
- Add your images or drawings to the final video.
- Online cloud-based application.
- Publish your content on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Pricing: Free limited version and basic at $12 and Pro at $24 monthly.
Another music visualizer for Windows and Mac is a web-based application by the name of Musicvid. It has been around for a long time and is very popular across the globe. It allows users to generate professional visuals with sound and animation. Being a web-based app, users do not have to install it on their computer but need a good internet connection. There are numerous templates available that can help to fasten the creation process.
- Supports Chrome and Firefox browsers.
- It offers a complete tutorial.
- Allows users to export the final visualization from the browser itself.
8) VSXu Audio Visualizer
Speaking of free music visualizer software, we have VSXu Audio Visualizer which provides a unique environment for its users. It facilitates the creation of graphic effects and produces visualizations in real-time based on your selected music. With the support of plugin-based architecture, users can develop different animations and graphics.
- Supports all music player applications.
- Offers various skin designs.
- Alter vibrations of the visual effect.
- Open Source application.
Another music visualizer software that is used by many is Sound Spectrum. This real-time application can be connected to any music service or streaming platform. The resultant audio is enhanced with amazing effects. Here are some of its features:
- Supports Windows Media Players and iTunes.
- Easy to use with an intuitive interface.
- Contains different themes to create various visualizations.
- Easily Synced with any music type.
Price: Free trial and paid version pricing on request only.
10) Sonic Visualiser
The final app on the list is a free music visualizer software known as Sonic Visualizer which is open-source software. It was designed to allow users to analyze and view the content of any audio file. With certain improvements, this program can be configured to display detailed visualization and even create annotations of the sound files.
- Easy to use with a simple installation process.
- Supports Ogg, MP3, and WAV formats.
- Import data from MIDI files.
- Allows users to set spectrogram views.
- Export Annotation layers.
Your Choice on BEST Music (Audio) Visualizer Software
We have finally concluded the list of best music visualizer software for Windows & Mac and the choice is yours to make. However, we would recommend you to use Renderforest Music Visualizer as this web-based visualizer application offers many features and is very easy to use with an intuitive interface. Audio Visualizer software for Windows and Mac helps users to make videos and upload them on YouTube and provide visualizations for Podcasts. Follow us on social media – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.