Unlike powerful gaming consoles, that can handle resource-demanding and graphically intensive video games without any hiccup. Most desktops or laptops aren’t that optimized to match up the requirements of latest high-end PC games like PUBG, Grand Theft Auto V, and Final Fantasy XV. As a result, your computer may start to lag, freeze, stutter, slow down the performance and cause high latency problems.
You may configure your Windows 11/10 PC to enhance overall gaming capabilities and make changes like defragment your hard disk, update graphic drivers, close resource-hogging background apps, update graphics card and so on. But if you’re not that techie, making all these changes manually may feel like a challenging task.That’s where you can take help of the Best Game Optimizer & Speed Booster Software that will elevate your gaming experience while keeping PC healthy.
Top Game Booster For Windows 11/10 PC (2023)
Having the right Game Optimization Program installed on your device can help you fix excessive pings, poor FPS, abrupt game crashes and even echoing noises that occur while playing. The software helps in terminating the irrelevant background running services, processes, tasks & apps that might be responsible for hampering your experience. Game Boosters simply cut down the CPU load, clean junk files and reduce latency to prevent constant lags and allow your favorite games to load smoothly.
Finding the correct PC Booster for improving gaming performance can be a tedious task, especially when you have dozens of options available in the market. In this blog, we have reviewed 9 Best FPS Boosters for PC (2023) that are trusted and safe to use.
1. Advanced System Optimizer
Advanced System Optimizer by Systweak Software is a multi-purpose solution that helps you optimize your games and boost overall PC performance. It comes with in-built utilities like System Cleaner, Disk Optimizer, Driver Updater, Registry Cleaner, Duplicate Cleaner & more to maintain and speed up your desktop. Their Game Optimizer feature is most-loved by its users, as it provides a dedicated, distraction-free gaming experience by running your favorite games in Sandbox mode.
It frees up memory by closing apps, processes and tasks that are unnecessarily taking storage space, which can be utilized by your game. During our tests, we found “all the game files to load much faster, while maintaining the quality of graphics & performance for extended periods”. Advanced System Optimizer is compatible with Windows 11 and older versions.
- Tools to clean junk files, web history, temporary files, caches & more to free up space.
- Maintain a list of your favorite games within the app & play them effortlessly.
- Enjoy uninterrupted gaming experience in a virtual environment without lags.
- Facility to remap keys for the optimized gaming experience.
- Optimizes your Windows Registry that ensures smoother operations & prevents common system errors.
Pricing: Advanced System Optimizer has a single pricing plan for $49.95 for 1 Year. Besides this, it offers a 24-hours fully functional and lifetime free trial version (with limited features) as well.
Pros: Automatically backs up system files & creates a restore point before you start using it.
Cons: Allows scanning only with free version. To fix issues, you need to upgrade to the paid version.
Review: Advanced System Optimizer Review: Is It A Good PC Cleaning Software?
2. Wise Game Booster
Wise Game Booster by WiseCleaner is a free game speedup tool that searches for games from your local drives and optimizes them in a single click. It also provides manual controls to optimize your computer on different levels, so that you can achieve stability in overall operations and enjoy faster performance than ever. It also helps users to close high memory usage processes to improve game speed. You can also see the memory usage by each process running in the background.
You can also save your favorite games in the My Games section, which eliminates the need to find the particular game title you wish to boost, from crowded desktop icons. With this Game Booster for Windows 11/10 PC, you can also check game details, optimize network performance & do more. Wise Game Booster is compatible with Windows 11 & older versions.
- Shows the list of items that can improve game performance.
- Manage all your games & check their relevant game information from one place.
- Effective management of background processes to reduce RAM & CPU usage.
- Dedicated module to stabilize your device to achieve uninterrupted experience while playing.
- Search for games automatically or add games to the booster app manually.
Pricing: The FPS Booster for PC is free, easy and effective to use.
Pros: Easy to navigate interface. It handles a wide range of optimization tasks manually (one-by-one) & automatically (all at once).
Cons: Doesn’t support defragging hard disk.
You might want to read: 70 Ways To Make Old System Run Faster: Speed Up Your PC
3. Razer Cortex
Razer Cortex by Razer Technologies is an excellent game optimizer for people who want to enjoy high-specs, modern games on their PC without any lags & stutters. It flawlessly manages and disables non-essential processes and tasks while playing games. It frees up an enormous amount of valuable resources & RAM that can be utilized by games for a smoother experience. When you’re done playing, it automatically restores your PC to its previous state.
It’s also known for drastically increasing frame rates which makes the graphics appear smoother and more realistic. What’s more? It brings a dedicated library for users to manage all the games you’ve installed on your desktop/laptop from one place. Razer Cortex is compatible with Windows 11, 10, 8 and 7 PC.
- Provides useful tools to perform tasks like managing background programs & cleaning junk.
- Gamecaster feature, to record and live stream your favorite games.
- Free up valuable resources that are required by high-end games to work flawlessly.
- Shows real-time analytics related to FPS and more.
- Auto-boost feature that automatically improves speed when launched from Origin, Steam, Battle.Net etc.
Pricing: It’s a free game optimization program.
Pros: Expect higher FPS and quicker load time in one go.
Cons: May trick you to download the company’s other products during setup.
WTFAst, designed by AAA Internet Publishing Inc. tis perhaps the most well-known and use game booster for Windows 10/11 PC. WTFAst stands apart from the rest top game optimizers, as it dedicatedly focuses on increasing the Internet speed for smooth gaming performance while playing online. It significantly reduces game lag and decreases ping which reduces slowdowns during online multiplayer sessions as well. Simply connect to the Gamers Private Network (GPN) & get started.
The tool focuses on reducing latency and ping issues to improve overall speed of the game. It even provides real-time analytics of data traversing between your PC and game servers. WTFAst is compatible with Windows 11, 10, 8 & 7 PC.
- Tool to clear RAM and optimize PC for better performance.
- Automatically increases FPS for unhindered gaming experience.
- Gamers Private Network for improving your connection data without changing your network settings or IP address.
- WTFAst has more than 200 servers in 48 countries that lets you choose the best traffic route for your online games.
Pricing: WTFAst game booster and optimization utility for Windows is available in multiple variants. The monthly package costs $9.99/Mo, Quarterly package is available at $28.47, $53.95 is billed every 6 months and you can also choose the annual package for $99.90. A free trial version is also available!
Pros: Specialized in improving the Internet speed for online gaming.
Cons: You need to create an account to use this game booster for Windows 11/10 PC.
5. Smart Game Booster
Smart Game Booster is an excellent game boosting program to use in 2023. It runs a thorough scan to clean your system and optimize it for faster boot time. The Windows software features a dedicated FPS booster module to enhance overall speed and performance in a few clicks. It also offers tools to tweak your PC in a way to achieve faster response, Internet and startup. The best part of using this program is it shows a list of compatible games that you can run on your PC.
You can further sort them according to your favorite genres, such as Indie, Action, Adventure, Strategy, RPG, Simulation etc. All these features are neatly packed in a modern, black-themed, stylish interface. Smart Game Booster is compatible with Windows 11 and older versions.
- Boost your PC in a single click to maximize its performance.
- Allows you optimize & speed up a game by adding the game file from local drive or web.
- Capture screenshots & record your screen easily.
- Scan and remove spywares to ensure your game account & trade security.
- Shows details like Temperature, Usage Rate for CPU, GPU, Disk, Memory & Motherboard in real-time. It also alerts you when device temperature exceeds!
Pricing: The PC Game Booster & Optimizer is available in three versions: Free, Pro (For 1 PC) at $17.99/year and Pro (For 3 PCs) at $22.99/year.
Pros: Auto release RAM and CPU memory usage & launch them instantly for playing.
Cons: Level 2 Super Boost feature to enjoy 50% faster game speed is not available with free edition.
GameBoost by PGWARE is one of the best software for gaming performance to use in 2023. The application aims to increase the speed of your desktop/laptop, Internet & games you play. It’s known for enhancing the multiplayer Internet experience in a couple of clicks. It also helps users to increase the Frames Per Second of your favorite games, so that you no longer have to purchase a new graphics card or CPU to enjoy a seamless experience.
The FPS booster for PC instructs the CPU to prioritize the full-screen applications, so that they are allocated more power and access to CPU cores, so that games can work faster than ever. GameBoost is compatible with Windows 10 and older versions.
- Optimizes the computer’s gaming and Internet settings in a single click.
- Set the Speed Boosting Setting between Boost to Maximum Boost.
- Shows system details like OS, Processor, Internet Type etc.
- Neutralize the unwanted background processes to enhance overall PC performance.
Pricing: It offers a trial version for 30 days.
Pros: GameBoost boasts a simplistic and intuitive interface.
Cons: Users need to restart the computer to implement the changes related to optimizing performance settings. Lacks compatibility with the latest Windows 11.
7. Mz Game Accelerator
MZ Game Accelerator designed by Mz Ultimate Tools, allows you to easily extract every bit of performance out of your older versions of Windows PC. All it takes is a few clicks to free up RAM and CPU usage on your computer or laptop to enhance overall gameplay. It’s a well-designed, straightforward dashboard that ensures newbies a convenient and effortless experience.
It offers a dedicated Game Acceleration Mode that automatically stops the unused services and tasks occupying necessary memory usage, that can be utilized for games to work smoothly. Once you’re done playing, you can switch back to the Normal Mode. MZ Game Accelerator is compatible with Windows 11 and older versions.
- Provides a list of optimization tasks that can be performed to speed up the PC.
- A module to clean and defrag RAM in one go.
- Gives you the ability to allocate more CPU power to your favorite game.
- Offers effective background process management.
- Boosts FPS automatically.
Pricing: It’s a completely free game booster for computers to use in 2023.
Pros: Cut down processor usage conveniently.
Cons: There’s no need to restart your PC after implementing changes.
Must-Read: How to Reduce Lag and Boost FPS In Fall Guys In PC?
8. MSI Afterburner
MSI Afterburner by is a top-notch solution that offers overclocking options. Besides all the essential functions that every top game speed boosting tool provides, it lets users customize the fan speed, benchmark video record, and monitor. It offers full control over the GPU voltage and frequency. You can certainly modify the fan speed so that you can avail yourself of the full potential of the installed graphic card.
What’s more? MSI Afterburner lets you monitor your hardware in real-time and features an OC Scanner that finds the highest stable overclock settings for your graphics cards. So, that you can enjoy peak performance while playing your favorite game. MSI Afterburner is compatible with Windows 11 to Windows XP versions.
- Supports One-Click Overclocking ability.
- Offers hassle-free access to your graphics card settings.
- Manage GPU settings, control fan speed, CPU temperature and more.
- Shows real-time information of your device’s performance, so that you can keep a close eye on the effects of overclocking while playing PC games.
Pricing: MSI Afterburner is available completely free of charge & can be used with almost all popular graphics cards’ brands.
Pros: Customize a predefined fan speed curve, so that you determine the cooling performance accordingly. Offers the ability to record our best performance moments in game!
Cons: You may get overwhelmed with the user-interface.
9. GAME FIRE 6
Similar to the other competitive gaming optimization software (2023) listed here, Game Fire uses advanced technology that determines which services, background processes, and features should be disabled so that you can enjoy a faster and smoother gaming experience. It offers a complete list of tasks that can be stopped temporarily.
While we were testing this software for improving gaming performance, we observed a drastic improvement while playing high-end games like League of Legends, Fortnite, COD: Warfare etc. Game Fire is compatible with Windows 11 and below versions.
- Effectively balance resources running in the background.
- Eliminate redundant activities that bog down speed.
- Tools to safeguard your entire PC in a few clicks.
- Offers a game defragmentation tool.
Pros: Achieve higher in-game FPS & reduce the load on system resources with this game optimizer.
Cons: The interface is a bit outdated.
Which Is The Best Software For Gaming Performance In 2023?
According to us, the best game booster for Windows 11/10 PC is Advanced System Optimizer & the second close substitute to consider will be Wise Game Booster.
Why Did We Choose Advanced System Optimizer? Well, it not only serves as the best PC optimizer for gaming but also boosts system performance significantly. It can protect your system from malicious content, clean junk, and defragment the computer for smooth performance. In a nutshell, it is excellent software if you are looking for an overall PC optimization suite.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q1. What app increases FPS?
Razer Cortex is one of the best FPS Boosters for PC available for free of cost and it’s easy and effective to use.
Q2. How do I boost my gaming performance?
With the help of a professional gaming optimization software, you can enjoy lag-free and uninterrupted gaming performance. The market has tons of game booster apps for Windows 11/10 to use in 2023.
Q3. What is the best game Optimizer for PC?
Advanced System Optimizer is one of the best software for gaming performance, as it provides a dedicated, distraction-free gaming experience by running your favorite games in Sandbox mode.
Q4. How do I fix FPS on a low end PC?
Some easy fixes for low FPS are:
- Close background processes.
- Update the game.
- Install the latest graphics driver.
- Perform disk defragmentation.
Q5. Is Windows 10 or 11 better for gaming?
Well, compared to Windows 10, the L3 cache latency of CPUs (specifically for Ryzen) are substantially improved in Windows 11. This certainly reduces the gaming performance to 5%-15%. Hence, if you’re running the OS on AMD Ryzen CPU, we advise you to not upgrade to Windows 11 as of now!
You May Also Like:
- How to Fix Game Stuttering in Windows 10?
- How To Disable Xbox Game Bar In Windows 10?
- Gamepad Not Recognized On Windows 10 – Tried & Tested Fixes!
- How To Play Microsoft Edge Surf Game On Your PC?
- 10 Fun Google Chrome Games To Kill Boredom: Download From Chrome Web Store
- Top 10 Best PC Free Games to Download on Windows 10
JeremyHow about IObits software? Is it the same engine as razer’s cortex?
Ajmali really like advanced system optimizer its help me lot to boost my all games