Want to get straight to the point? Our top pick for the best hard drive management software is AOMEI Partition Assistant for Windows 10 and other OS versions. The application allows users to manage, extend, resize, merge, split, resize or move disk/partition from one place to another. Besides this excellent disk management tool, there are plenty of other alternatives you can go with. After reviewing all the choices, do not forget to share personal recommendation with us in the comments section below!
What Is Disk Management?
Disk Management is a Windows utility that lets users view and manage disk drives on their computers along with partitions corresponding to the drives. It was introduced with Windows XP. This utility can be utilized to create, format, delete partitions, assign or change drive letters.
10 Best Disk Management Software for Windows 10, 8, 7
Here is the list of the best hard disk manager tools for Windows 10 and older versions:
1. AOMEI Partition Assistant:
AOMEI Partition Assistant is yet another application listed under the best HDD manager for Windows PC. The application supports most common partitioning tasks, such as extending the system partition without reboot, merge adjacent partitions, schedule defrags, rebuild MBR from scratch and more. With this best disk manager, you can execute all the tasks by following the step-by-step wizards.
- It allows you to manage disk, extend or resize a partition, merge two partitions, split a partition, move it from a place to another.
- It enables you to create a bootable drive.
- It also has a feature to convert disks from GPR to MBR and vice versa.
Purchase AOMEI Partition Assistant Here
2. EaseUS Partition Master:
The EaseUS Partition Master is a hard disk manager which helps you to improve your disk performance by efficiently managing it. The application is ideal for performing several advanced disk maintenance, partitioning, cloning, formatting, resizing, merging and migration tasks, which makes it one of the best disk management software for Windows and macOS users. It offers both free and professional versions with lifetime upgrades priced at $69.95.
- It allows you to create, format, delete and convert partitions.
- It lets you move, resize and hide/unhide the partitions and keeps the data intact.
- It supports up to 4 .0 TB of hard disk.
- It has a distinctive feature to move OS to SSD.
Purchase Easeus Partition Master Here
3. Paragon Hard Disk Manager:
It is one of the best disk management tools which is available in both free and paid versions. The hard drive management software offers four indispensable system management modules, namely Backup & Recovery, Partition Manager, Drive Cop and Disk Wiper. Additionally, it offers a new disk clone feature that allows users to create an identical, uncompressed replica of a system hard drive or other drives, making it the best disk management software.
- The user interface is easy on the eye and
- With the free version, you can create, resize, copy and delete partitions.
- Paid version has more to offer such as Basic & Advanced Partitioning, Virtual partitioning
- The software has a remarkable feature, Automatic partition alignment which automatically aligns partitions to increase the performance of the HDD.
Purchase Paragon Partition Manager Here
4. MiniTool Partition Wizard:
MiniTool Partition Wizard is one of the best disk management software which provides a simple user interface. Using this program, one can easily copy, format, delete, wipe, extend and resize partitions in a couple of clicks. It even supports creating primary and logical disks with any of the file systems, such as NTFS, Ext2/3/4, Linux Swap, FAT/FAT32, or left unformatted.
- It allows us to create, resize, delete, format and move, moreover, it also lets you extend the partition.
- The Data Protection Mode keeps your data safe while performing any editing on the partitions.
- It supports all major disk types, including SATA, SCSI, IDE and all USB external drives.
- It converts a non-system disk from MBR to GPT and vice versa without data loss to support large drive or full OS.
Read Also: 10 Best Driver Updater Software for Windows
GParted is a disk management tool which not only supports Windows but also is compatible with Mac. Using this best hard drive management software, one can easily create a new partition table, change the volume level, resize large partitions by simply dragging the slider to left/right. It even supports a reliable data recovery option that allows users to recover files by letting you copy them to other media.
- This software is considered as GNOME (desktop environment composed of free and open-source software that runs on Linux and most BSD derivatives) editor.
- You need a Bootable device to use the software.
- It enables you to create, resize, copy and delete, convert hide and unhide partitions.
- It supports NTFS file system on Windows, FAT file system, and ext2, ext3, and ext4 file systems on Linux. It also offers data recovery option.
6. Macrorit Disk Partition Expert Professional Edition:
Macrorit Disk Partition’s unsoiled user interface makes it one of the best hard disk managers. It comes with robust features which allow users to resize move partitions, create, delete or format partition easily. Besides these excellent tools, Macrorit possesses unique data protection technology and best data moving algorithm to ensure safest and fastest data partitioning. This makes it one of the best disk management software in 2023.
- It functions just as the other application of its category like resizing, merging, splitting, formatting and much more.
- It provides you with the feature to convert the file system, disk surface checking.
- It doesn’t bog your system down when installed and it is also available as a portable application. You don’t even have to download this app on the system.
7. Cute Partition Manager:
Just like GParted, Cute Partition Manager also needs a bootable device to use it. This HDD manager enables you to perform operations such as create, delete, format and extend partitions. One of the best parts of using this disk manager software is it lets you preview the changes before you implement and save them. You even have the ability to remove existing partitions and install the entire operating system from scratch.
- It enables you to change the file system of a disk.
- The software enables you to use the HDD space to its maximum.
- It is easy to use and lets you check the changes made before saving them.
- You need to use a keyboard during the whole operation as it is a text-based application.
Read Also: 10 Best PC Cleaner Software to Optimize Your System
8. Active@ Partition Manager:
It is another best hard disk managing tool. It enables users to manage hard disk partitions along with your storage devices that they have. There are numerous features offered by Active@ Partition Manager, such as ability to create, format, view the properties of a logical drive or partition. Using it, you can easily change/assign partition attributes and even edit the Boot Sector or Partition Table, making it the best disk management software for Windows.
- It helps you to manage, create, delete, format storage devices and HDD partitions.
- It helps you to Initialize new disk as MBR or GPT or fix MBR (GPT) on a damaged disk
- It converts MBR to GPT or GPT to MBR
- It is compatible with Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, 2003, 2008, 2012 Windows Server.
9. S.M.A.R.T Monitoring Tools:
S.M.A.R.T. Monitoring or “Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology System” is a disk management tool for those who love to work with command line tools. Using this best disk manager, one can easily schedule the S.M.A.R.T testing of your hard drive on a frequent basis. This makes it super easy for users to get and analyse information related to the current condition of the device, HDD health, power cycle count, erase fail count and more.
- It enables you with everything that you need to manage your HDD.
- One command and boom you get to know the health of your machine.
- Though, it might be confusing for beginners or those who are unfamiliar with this interface.
- It runs on Windows, Mac OS X, FreeBSD, Linux, NetBSD, Solaris, QNX, OpenBSD, OS/2, eComStation and Cygwin
Read Also: 10 Best Disk Space Analyzer Software for Windows
10. Acronis Disk Director:
Last but not the least software in the list of best disk management software is Acronis Disk Director. It comes with a set of powerful tools to improve the efficiency of your disk along with disk cloning feature. With this best hard drive management software, one can safely create, customize and organize partitions, without risking any data loss. The application offers both free and paid editions, priced at $49.99.
- Just like the other software mentioned in the list, it suffices for the basic use, formatting, resizing, creating and deleting.
- This software can come to use to delineate multiple hard disks, recover damaged volumes
- Converting partitioning schemes like MBR and GPT is a cake walk for the software.
- It has a unique feature- cloning which allows you to run your programs on a new partition in seconds.
Windows provides us with a disk management tool but it is a basic tool doesn’t have the additional features like cloning, backup, and recovery that these third-party tools can provide you with. The listed software are some of the best disk management software available in the market. They efficiently do their work without the fear of data loss.
Don’t wait and download one of these software and start managing the hard drive to keep your system healthy. Follow us on social media – Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q1. Which is the best disk management software for Windows 10?
AOMEI Partition Assistant is one of the best disk management programs that allows users to manage, extend, resize, merge, split, resize or move disk/partition from one place to another. Besides this excellent disk management tool, there are plenty of other alternatives you can go with.
Q2. Is it good to partition a hard drive?
Yes! Partitioning the hard drive has several advantages, including:
- Hassle-free OS reinstallation.
- Simpler backups.
- Better file organization.
- Easily install multiple operating systems.
Q3. How do I use the built-in Disk Management tool?
To launch Disk Management, this is what you need to do:
- Loginas Administrator.
- Navigate to the Search bar, next to the Startmenu and type Run.
- On the Run window, type msc
- Hit the OK button.
- As soon as the Computer Management window appears, head towards the Disk Management.